My rating: 5 of 5 stars
you know, one shuffles up and down the stacks at the bookstore and hopes each time that the next sf book one reads will:
- be well-written
- have at least one character you care about
- be well-plotted
- have intelligent commentary
- include some aliens who are really alien, or,
- include some humans who are not quite human and
- leave you with something really knotty to think about.
actually finding one happens about once a year, and it feels like a gift from the gods.
in this case it’s a gift from Ann Leckie, whom i desperately hope will be gracing us with another book soon.